About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Sunday 20 November 2016

Ground Frame

Parkstone needs a Ground frame, basically what should unlock the points off the main line.
After looking around i found one that i thought would suit the bill perfectly. This one from MSE
MSE Ground frame

It's an etch brass kit and it's fair to say it's a bit fiddly to put together, I haven't mounted it properly yet as i'm a bit unsure as to where it should go. Somewhere i have the "Wills" point rodding kit and if the spare room wasn't such a mess at the moment i wouldn't know where to find it, Pine Road is being shelved out underneath  so can't find anything.
Fit point rodding ? well i think so, after all it's only for Two Points.

MSE Ground Frame Kit

Just incase you you are wondering, the two wagons in the background are Parkside Dundas kits.

I'm also in the process of fitting an Express models lighting kit to an older Bachmann Class 37.
I will cover the full extent of this upgrade in a later post as this is also not a 5 minute job.
Something else on the "to do" list, the idea of brass strips on the underside of the fiddle yard cassettes is not working to well on DCC. Lets just say one is loosing ones signal, an engine just carried on, so that needs sorting asap (scratching head)      

No comments: