About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Wednesday 30 November 2016

Pine Road extension

Pine Road Extension:
No, nothing to do with opening hours. As Pine Road has done it's last exhibition it has taken up permanent residence in the spare room.
It's been a hell of a week, think i might go back to work for a rest (don't tell my boss).
Some pic's first:

I'm so glad that i did actually finish the back wall on the Blacksmith's shop.
A blank canvas.
The biggest problem so far is, I cannot find or who made the Backscene,
 Major problem.


What are we going to do then ? I have so many ideas flowing around in my head (yes, it does contain something)
Most importantly we have to keep it flowing, the same methods, The same products, The same feel and "ombionce" 
Ideas include
1  Dairy, mmmm been done so many times.
2  A small halt with level crossing and keepers house and loading 
   dock for one wagon. Based on Combyne. Liking this.
3  A few thatch cottages.
4  Small Rolling mill.
5  Village disappearing into the corner.
6  Stone masons yard.
Inspiration needed


Do i need a 6 cassette fiddle yard at home ? No not really so came up with this idea.
Cassette's fit in slot with test track to the front just above my workbench.
Far more useful.

  
So, this is the plan so far, well not that there is a plan. I just don't want to ruin the affect i have achieved previously.
Pine Road took 4-5 years to build so this extension could take at least 2 years 

No comments: