About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Tuesday 16 June 2020

Adams 02 another one part 5

The pick-ups have been fitted, fiddly little blighters these, especially on the rear pony truck.
the connecting rods have also been fitted and soldered on to the crankpins, a very risky buisness this on plastic centred wheels. 
The wheels are Scalelink 19mm 16 spoke, handy as they fit directly on to Romford axles. I have used them before and they do work well however, it is possible to push the rims off the wheel if your a bit heavy handed, they have steel tyres, so keep them away from any moisture.
Thats it, chassis complete and running wheel.

Time for a sit down and cup of tea. I think i will watch this video and reminisce on a time that seemed a lot less stressful, when you didn't need gadgets and life was a simpler affair.

No comments: