About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Sunday 28 June 2020

Adams T1 Part 4

Hi all.
A bit more on the T1.
Its been a good productive day. The main body structure has progressd well.
For an old kit it is very well detailed. The window surround trim proved challenging and the sliver of brass strip that goes around the top of the coal bunker.
Lamp irons as well.
I am getting used to burning ones fingers building these things.
I have swamped the motor/gearbox for a higher ratio, now running with 120-1. I couldn't get it to crawl very well on an 80-1 probably something to do with its 22mm wheels. A slightly shorter motor also means we can fit a flywheel.
You can see from this photo the difference in size from a T1 to an 02.
There is quite a difference. Yes, it been a good kit to build.
Next job is handrails then we can solder the boiler in place, i will know where to drill the holes then, in the cab front. Not forgetting the handrail on the cab rear.

No comments: