About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Saturday 6 June 2020

Oxford's Adams Radial with sound


Oxford Rail and there Adams Radial.
I thought this was going to be a pain to fit but it wasn't that bad, luckily i have one of the later version where they had made it easier to fit sound.
Oxford rails' Adams Radial, i consider to be superb. A lot of negative comments were written about this model when first released but i disagree, for the price it is the best your going to get.
In her Southern Railway livery No 3520.
Here she is.
Bit shaky, only have one pair of hands.
Fitted with an MX648r decoder from Zimo 'stay alive' and speaker all fitted nice and neatly in to the bunker. I removed all the 'gubbins' and hard wired it in. All kit was purchased from Digitrains.


2 comments:

Stephen Driscoll said...

Is that an O2 in the background , Colin? Very sound sound on the Adams.

cparkstone said...

Yes, Steve it is, its a Kernow one and has sound as well. There is a post on this blog somewhere, well i thought i had done a post.