About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Wednesday 10 June 2020

Ex LSWR/SR Carriages.

I must appologise, but it would appear that i have failed to do an update on these carriages.
Original post here.
This one is the ex LSWR  Dwg 131 SR dia 404 48ft Tri-Composite Brake, or as Roxey Moulding would say 4C18.
These are the ones that were converted to the 58ft stock from about 1938 as used on the Lyme Regis branch.
Yes, i did finish this one (still have one more to build). The interiors are still to be completed.
 Im not sure on the shade of Green? I used Phoenix Paints, P84 SR coach Green 1930-1935 which should be right, just thinking its a bit dark ( wasn't around in the 1930s) Looks the same as SR Olive Green to me.
Anyway, i'm sure someone will put me right.
As i say, still have the interior to complete.
It would be easy to make the compartments up as seperate pods but the 'fold over' strip on top of the sides prevent you from dropping them in.
The roof, good old Roxey provide you with a roof. I have made it a tight fit and just clips in. 
The ends are well detailed. The buffers are from 
The underside is as well. Carefull were you place the gas tanks, they seem to vary from one coach to another. Mind they don't foul the bogie. I made a mistake, the one on the right is to far forward.
Wheels are from Alan Gibson, his superb Maunsell type.
Perhaps in another couple of years, i may have done the interiors.


No comments: